[Ocaml-biz] IDEs

William Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Thu Sep 9 20:50:21 PDT 2004

On Sep 9, 2004, at 9:32 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> I'd really rather not get into that discussion.
>
> Is the issue that you've got the old mailing list address around?

No.  It's just that this list sets the From field as from the composer
of the message and does not set the reply-to field to the list address,
so the default recipient for any replies is the author of the message
and not the list (ass-backwards behavior for a mailing list); and the
default for a reply-all is to: goes to the author and cc: to the list,
creating duplicate messages for the previous author (and everyone else
in the distribution chain).

It's an annoyance.

William D. Neumann

"You've got Rita Marlowe in the palm of your hand."
"Palm of my hand?  You haven't seen Rita Marlowe..."

		-- Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?