[Svnmerge] svnmerge.py init crashes (on bad characters in svn xml log)
Jean-Philippe.Daigle at SolaceSystems.com
Wed Oct 7 19:12:29 PDT 2009
Yep, that did the trick. We rewrote the old commit message and we're
good now. Thanks for the help.
Sent from my iPhone
On 2009-10-07, at 1:16 PM, "Raman Gupta" <rocketraman at fastmail.fm>
> Jean-Philippe Daigle wrote:
>> Doesn't look like I can fix my immediate problem, though, seeing
>> how svn
>> now complains about the data in there being invalid (and it's
>> that is invalid UTF-8, AFAIK). I bet making that commit message today
>> would be impossible, but I just realized that SVN commit is so old it
>> was ported over with cvs2svn years ago when we switched over to SVN.
>> $ svn propedit --revprop -r 1863 svn:log
>> svn: Valid UTF-8 data
>> (hex: 62 6c 69 73 68 65 72 73 2c 20 69 66 20 74 68 65 79 20 63 68 65 63
>> 6b 20)
>> followed by invalid UTF-8 sequence
>> (hex: 93 53 65 6e)
> Try propset rather than propedit. I think propset should ignore the
> invalid data currently set and just replace it with the correct value.
More information about the Svnmerge