[Ocaml-biz] Ocaml & Eclipse

Marcin Wudarczyk mar at nglogic.com
Tue Nov 9 05:30:46 PST 2004

Hello,  I  was  reading  the  archives  of ocaml-biz but now I see the
traffic is almoust zero. What happend?

Anyway, I'd like to say that I cleary recognize the necessity of Ocaml
IDE,  especially  with  integrated  debugger. The available plugin has
very limited functionality, and it needs much work.

Currenly  my  small  company  located in Polad is running a project of
creation  of  Eclipse  plugin  for  programming  DSPs  (Digital Signal
Processors) - http://www.nglogic.com:9081/nglogic/Projects/BoxView for
our  client  from USA. Here at NGLogic we are enthusiasts of Ocaml and
are  willing  to use it in business implementations. We are also closy
linked  to  Faculty of Computer Science at Warsaw University, which is
extensively using Ocaml in teaching and research.

I   am   willing   to   help   in  Ocaml  plugin  implementation,  but
unfortunately, my company is too small for investing in development of
such  plugin  as  the  benefits for us will not be immediate and large
enough at the beginning.

However,  some  of you may have opportunities to invest and benefit on
creation of such environment, so you might get interested in what I am
offering.  I  would  like  to stress that I am not seeking for earning
quick  money  on  you - I am interested as much as you in the outcome,
but  simply have insufficient funds. But the good news is that cost of
development  in Poland is much lowet than in EU or USA, so I hope this
might  work  and  we  would  be  able  to  present  the community with
full-featured IDE and then rule the world :)

Regards.

        Marcin Wudarczyk
        http://www.nglogic.com