[Ocaml-i18n] Roadmap to camomile-0.5.0

Yamagata Yoriyuki yoriyuki at mbg.ocn.ne.jp
Sun Dec 7 06:48:19 PST 2003

From: "Sylvain LE GALL" <sylvain.le-gall at polytechnique.org>
Subject: Re: [Ocaml-i18n] Roadmap to camomile-0.5.0
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 23:20:45 +0100

> But ( sorry ), what i want to see the most is that camomile is DFSG ( in
> the sense of debian ).... There is a conflict of licence about the
> UnicodeData.txt file... Which is problematic.

I considered GNU misc files, but their unicode file looks like an
identical copy of UnicodeData.txt.  its legitimacy is problematic and
Camomile needs another data from UCD, and Technical Reports.

I think the best solution is that, someone with influence will talk
with Unicode Consortium.  IBM has an open source project
(http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/) using UCD, so they might help such
a move.

Sorry, but there is not much I can do.
--