[Ocaml-pxp-users] Spam protection for this mailing list

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Mon Jul 14 23:06:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 09:05:35PM -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
> The first time you send email to orcaware.com SMTP server,
> orcaware.com looks at the triplet composed of the following values:
>
>     1) IP address of the host attempting the delivery
>     2) envelope sender address
>     3) envelope recipient address

This seems to me a spam protection a bit too draconian. The first delay
is high for someone that is willing to take part to a mail discussion.
And this could be happen once a month.

Not a big problem for such a low traffic mailing list like PXP's anyway.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/