[Ocaml-pxp-users] lex, ulex, wlex, UTF-8

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Dec 17 08:06:05 PST 2005

Can someone tell me what lex, ulex and wlex are?  What is the
difference between them?  Which one should I be using?

On a related note, I want to have PXP just use UTF-8 everywhere.  I
want it to assume that all the strings I give it are UTF-8, I want it
to write UTF-8 documents, and I want it to parse documents into UTF-8
strings in memory.  I've managed (I think) to get it to write UTF-8
documents (#write ... `Enc_utf8) and parse documents into UTF-8 (set
config.encoding to `Enc_utf8).  However I can't do the first thing -
get it to assume all strings I pass to it are UTF-8 encoded.  It
attempts to convert my strings from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8, which isn't
useful because all the strings are already UTF-8.  How do I do this?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.