[Ocaml-pxp-users] Question about interaction style with complex documents

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue May 31 06:45:42 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 03:11:01PM +0200, Alain Frisch wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> > Part of the problem is trying to do pattern matching across multiple
> > levels of Pxp document.  I end up with a lot of intractable code like
> > the code attached below (and that's "simplified" with lots of helper
> > functions).
> >[...]
> > (I guess the other possibility is something like CDuce).
>
> Since you mention it, let me give this pointer:
> http://yquem.inria.fr/~frisch/xml-schema/
>
> The module Schema_loader is the most relevant one. It is an XML Schema
> loader, written in the OCaml+CDuce extension. This is work in progress,
> but you can already see how CDuce patterns help to inspect XML data.

Thanks Alain.

I was actually looking at the XML schema loading code in the CDuce
0.3.2 sources themselves.  Those seem to be written in pure OCaml, and
they don't appear to use PXP, but some sort of custom XML parser - am
I right in this?

The code you reference above is different, and looks much more
interesting.  Is CDuce likely to be a good, stable platform for
long-term development?  The web page indicates that it's more of a
research project.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.