[Orca-dev] Re[2]: RE[2]: Digest 336

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Thu Oct 11 13:46:16 PDT 2001

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> Rusty Carruth wrote:
> > > 4) Do you have orcallator.cfg.in patch to plot the new data?
> >
> > I've hacked something into my cfg file, but I want to improve it a bit
> > first - the text on the left margin does not fit...
>

> OK.

Here's my first 'public' version of my changes to orcallator.cfg.in.  basically
just add this to the bottom of orcallator.cfg.in (Blair - let me know
if I'm completely off on that and you'd rather I give a diff):

plot {
title			%g Disk Warning/error states (State_D)
source			orcallator
data			State_D
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			Disk state warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g Network Warning/error states (State_N)
source			orcallator
data			State_N
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			Network state warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g RPC client Warning/error states (State_n)
source			orcallator
data			State_n
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			RPC client state warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g Swap space Warning/error states (State_s)
source			orcallator
data			State_s
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			Swap Space warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g RAM Warning/error states (State_r)
source			orcallator
data			State_r
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			RAM warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g Kernel memory Warning/error states (State_k)
source			orcallator
data			State_k
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			Kernel Memory warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g CPU Load Warning/error states (State_c)
source			orcallator
data			State_c
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			CPU load warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g mutex Warning/error states (State_m)
source			orcallator
data			State_m
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			mutex warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g DNS Warning/error states (dw)
source			orcallator
data			State_d
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			DNS warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g inode Warning/error states (State_i)
source			orcallator
data			State_i
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			inode warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

plot {
title			%g TCP/IP stack Warning/error states (State_t)
source			orcallator
data			State_t
line_type		area
line_type		line1
legend			TCP/IP stack warnings
y_legend		Warning level
data_min		0
plot_min		0
}

-----end of additions-----

Notice that these additions are still kinda young and inexperienced,
improvements gratefully accepted!

It might also be amusing/enlightening to combine some of the
warnings into the same plot, like State_d, State_t, State_N and
State_N on the same plot, but I've only just now considered that
so have not implemented it (yet?).

Sometime later (soon? later? dunno!) I'll get the help info and
other things done and sent to the list for comments...

rc