[Orca-dev] Re[2]: Search for final bugs for 0.27

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Mon Oct 22 22:02:08 PDT 2001

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> Rusty Carruth wrote:
> >
> > Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for any final bugs that people know about before I release Orca
> > > 0.27.
> >
> > Did you remove that extra information in the warning state message?
>
> Remind me which message.  If you could send a copy of it along, that
> would be great.

The output plot for the warnings has too much text in the description,
and so the data overflows the right side, getting chopped off.

We changed it so that the longest message was shorter, but its still
not QUITE enough - go look again at www.getnet.net/~rustyc down at the bottom
where it says 'orcallator plot' and you'll see the most recent version.
(I *just now* updated it, as all that hoorah of removing stuff and rerunning
seems to have done the trick).

I'm trying to decide whether its better to remove the 'state' string
from the text or to change 'Average' to 'Avg' - what seems like the
best tradeoff?

(For now, I'm going to remove the 'state' string and update the web page
sometime tomorrow (Tue) if things go well - if this makes no sense,
wait till tomorrow and you'll see what I mean ;-)

> > I'm sorry that my update has not happened.  (The latest plots are for
> > Oct 8!)  I'm going to kill orca, remove all the files, and restart it

As expected, this did the trick.  After this fun with training I hope to
have some time to figure out why it does not update...

BTW - do you have all the stuff you need for the state stuff for now?  I know
I still need to make some web docs, but as I say that won't be anywhere
near ready until sometime next week...

rc