[Orca-dev] Little patch

Yann Rouillard yann.rouillard at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Mar 16 00:54:07 PST 2004

This tiny little patch solve a problem I had.
Orca try to test if a data expression is ok by compiling dynamically a
sub function.
This usually works... except when the data expression begin with a #
like #httpds.
In this case it passes the test and we end up with an error message from
rrdtool which can't convert hostname_gauge_...#httpds to float. So the
rrd file is not updated and as a result all data files are loaded each
time to try to update gauge_#httpds rrd file.

This little patch solves the problem by not allowing non-substituted
expression to begin with #.
However I wonder if wouldn't be easier to just only allow
non-substituted expression to be numbers or arithmetic operator...

Yann