[Orca-dev] Re: [Orca-checkins] r403 - in trunk/orca/lib/SE: 3.2.1 3.3 3.3.1

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Nov 18 09:26:49 PST 2004

Dmitry Berezin wrote:
> Blair,
>
> You are right; this is the same copy from 3.3.1. As far as I know, this file
> is only being used by original workload_class.se and our workinfo_class.se,
> so it should be fine to use the same version. I don't think I have 3.2.1,
> but I should be able to find 3.3 to test this against. I am about to commit
> the actual bug fix, so I will mention the version info in the comments.
>
>   -Dmitry.

Dmitry,

Turns out that the 3.3 and the 3.3.1 versions are identical.  The 3.2.1
is significantly different in terms of a cursory examination of a diff,
so it's probably best to replace the 3.2.1 process_class.se with the one
I'm attaching and then apply your patches to that.

Regarding the commit log, it's better to change the commit log for that
revision than put the info in another commit.  A new developer wondering
where these files come from won't notice that a following commit message
has the info.  Commands like this will do the trick to modify a commit log.

svn propget --revprop -r 403 svn:log > log.txt
vi log.txt
svn propset --revprop -r 403 svn:log -F log.txt
rm log.txt

BTW, changing commit log messages is pretty common.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/