[Orca-users] Re: Orca process 'stuttering'...and coring, eventually. (SE cored, actually)

Blair Zajac bzajac at geostaff.com
Mon Aug 2 11:27:56 PDT 1999

This could be a Solaris 2.5.1 issue.  I haven't seen it on any Solaris
2.6 or 7 boxes.  The various problems I've seen on Solaris 2.5.1 are
ever expanding memory usage and very rarely the stutter problem.  But
mostly the memory problem.  Using the exact same SE orcallator.se
script on 2.6 or 7 does not generate the problem, so it appears to
be a SE on 2.5.1 problem.  However, only version 3.0 of SE is
supported on 2.5.1.  The SE 3.1 is only supported on 2.6 or above, so
I don't think we'll get much help on this from the SE people.

Blair