[Orca-users] Re: Orca process 'stuttering'...and coring, eventually. (SE cored, actually)

foo foo+orca at eek.org
Fri Jul 30 18:15:55 PDT 1999

From: foo <foo+orca at eek.org>

I have almost the exact same problem on one of my most heavily
loaded servers. It stutters for no apparent reason... I havent
had a core yet (I dont think). It's an Ultra 2 running 2.5.1

-Brian

Mike DuFresne wrote:
> Blair, I accidentally deleted the e-mail where you asked to be forwarded
> this info. This gif is the daily active processes. The server it is
> installed on is an Ultra Enterprise 4500 with 4 cpus running Solaris
> 2.5.1 with up to date patches. This machine is a file server for
> approximately 500 users. SE 3.0 was installed and patched according to
> the SE website.
>
> Orca was compiled with perl-5.005.03 and gcc-2.8.1 ( I have since
> reverted this box to 2.7.2.1 ).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

ATTN ONELIST USERS: stay current on the latest activities,
programs, & features at ONElist by joining our member newsletter at