[Orca-users] Re: Volume Manager disks & Disk Run Percentage

Paul Haldane Paul.Haldane at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 07:02:00 PDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Rick Tessner wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I noticed that earlier disks under control of DiskSuite were being
> reported incorrectly within Orca but that was fixed by (I think) a simple
> addition to the "orcallator.cfg" to recognize the "md" devices.  Or,
> was there a change required for "orcallator.se" as well?

Yup - but a very simple one.

> Does anyone have a similiar fix to address disks under Volume Manager
> control??

I think the problem is that the underlying SE toolkit can't get info about
Volume Manager disks.

>From http://www.sun.com/sun-on-net/performance/se3/

  Better disk selection for disk rule, still no way to include Veritas
  volumes until Veritas support the disk kstat like everyone else...

Paul

--
Paul Haldane
Computing Service

Kodak Advantix Camera w/ Bag and 2 Rolls of Film, 60% off with
FREE Shipping and a 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee at
screaminghotdeals.com
http://click.egroups.com/1/2714/7/_/_/_/955029728/