[Orca-users] Re: iPlanet web server logs

Vadim Dostman info at subtlechaos.com
Fri Dec 8 15:00:27 PST 2000

Hi Blair, I'm sorry for late reply. I'm now reinstalling orca on a
separate server to be able to monitor few web servers at once. The
main idea is to monitor cpu and memory usage, however I will try to
get it to work with iPlanet logs as well since these are all iPlanet
web servers. I will let you know if I succeed. Thanks for the tip.

vadim at mail.trulyglobal.com

--- In orca-users at egroups.com, Blair Zajac <blair at a...> wrote:
> I don't have any experience with iPlanet nor have an idea on what
> may be wrong here, but if you want to do some quick debugging of
> orcallator.se output, you can always run orcallator.se like this:
>
> se -DWATCH_WEB=1 orcallator.se 5
>
> and it'll gather and print the stats every 5 seconds.  Its easier
> than watching some file waiting for output every 5 minutes.
>
> If you find the problem and need to patch orcallator.se, send me the
> patch and it'll be included in the next orcallator release.
>
> Regards,
> Blair
>
> Vadim Dostman wrote:
> >

> > Hi, I can't get orcallator to display web server logs. The path
seems
> > to be ok, but nothing is shown on the graph, the rest of the
> > statistics are fine. I did use --with-ncsa-log flag to compile and
> > enabled common log format in iPlanet config (though not sure if
> > that's the problem), anyone has experience with iPlanet/Orca?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Vadim

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/804404/_/976316442/