[Orca-users] Re: Error: Use of uninitialized value in array ...

Vadim Dostman info at subtlechaos.com
Fri Dec 29 16:15:49 PST 2000

Hi, I'm getting this also on brand new installation. RedHat 7. Perl
v5.6.0, gcc v.2.96, make v.791. Anyone know where these come from?

Finding files and setting up data structures at Sat Dec 30 00:10:32
2000.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 4) line 1.

thanks!

--vadim

--- In orca-users at egroups.com, jon.tankersley at s... wrote:
> In moving up to Perl 5.6.0 I ran across this also.  It looks like
> there are other problems, at least on the SGI that I'm running orca
> on.  There is a memory leak also.
>
> The errors I get over and over are:
> Finding files and setting up data structures at Sat Dec 23 20:29:55
> 2000.
> Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 6) line 1,
> <DATA>
> line 1022.
> .
> .
> .
> Finding files and setting up data structures at Sat Dec 23 20:36:40
> 2000.
> Use of uninitialized value in array element at (eval 6) line 1.
>
> The memory grew to 38M before we had to reboot.  Here is an example
> of the growth I've seen:
>
>   F S   UID        PID       PPID  C PRI NI  P    SZ:RSS      WCHAN
> TTY     TIME CMD
>   0 S  2570     975540     974992  0  16 24  *   683:602   354feb90
> pts/4   0:25 orca
>   4 S  2570     975540          1  0  16 24  *  2028:1521  354feb90
> pts/4   6:39 orca
>
> I wasn't able to get the error messages to show up at all when I
used
> the Perl debugger.
>
> I'm not sure if it is the compiler, perl, or orca.pl that might be
at
> fault.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/804404/_/978135359/