[Orca-users] RE: Disk run % graphs don't seem right...

Greg Winn winngre at cscoe.ac.com
Fri Feb 25 13:00:58 PST 2000

From: "Greg Winn" <winngre at cscoe.ac.com>

Thanks for the reply Paul, the patch worked fine - I can now see all of my
metadevices and disks.  The other problem still remains: The legend values
(current, average, min, max) on some of my systems show percent values (in
that they are numbers less than 100), and on others they seem misrepresented
(perhaps recast? sometimes they have a 'u' or 'm' after the number) and are
set wildly higher than a percentage.  As the graphed data is correct, and
the data in the RRD is correct, it seems that RRDtool is producing bad
numbers for the legend on certain graphs -or- part of the
_update_graph_options code is misbehaving.  This is my first implementation
of anything that uses RRDtool, so it could be something I don't understand
yet.

I have obtained and compiled the most recent RRDtool (1.0.13) and confirmed
that the new version's RRDs package and libraries are being used.  I built
RRDtool using GCC 2.951, but I am considering using a different compiler to
see if that makes a difference.  Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior?

Thanks again,
-Greg