[Orca-users] Re: More questions from an orca newbie

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Sat Feb 26 10:31:37 PST 2000

Currently Orca cannot handle data files that change the number
of columns in the middle of the file.  This will be fixed, but not
shortly.  So the new data columns will only get loaded when the
next day's output file is generated.

You will probably get email often about the missing gzip files.

The gzip processes will eventually go away.  It keeps up to a
maximum of 150 of them.  Do you think we should switch
to using a Perl module that will do this instead of forking?

Blair