[Orca-users] Re: Solaris 8: Problems installing RICHPse

Shane Jansen JansenS at StGeorge.com.au
Tue Jul 18 18:09:27 PDT 2000

I have to ask ... are you sure ... I am positive this worked for me. It stops the pkgadd command from even checking the cksum.

Well ... the pkgadd is complaining because the checksum on the file (i figure it to be an addition of all the ascii characters in the file) is out of whack. You can change the value in the case statement from 5.7 to 5.8 to allow the script to continue with the new version, but you will gave to change another character to drop back one on the ascii table. Get my drift? It's a bodgy workaround but when the alternatives are slim ...

--
  Shane Jansen
  Unix Systems Administrator

>>> karl.rossing at federated.ca 07/19/00 02:57AM >>>
gave that a try. It did not work for me. I read the man pages and the
answerbook notes.

Unfortutanly, i'm still stuck.

:)

Karl