[Orca-users] Re: Digest Number 174

Steve Gilbert gilbert at cs.utk.edu
Fri Oct 27 11:35:13 PDT 2000

Norm,
	I'm doing something very similar to this right now with some
Linux clusters.  It sounds like your management is wanting the same
thing mine is.  I should be done sometime mid next week, and I'll send
you my script...although you might want to remind me...don't rely on
my memory :-)  I'm using SNMP to poll the Linux boxes, but I would try
to stick with the SE toolkit for Solaris machines.  The stuff I've
written is nothing profound (I'm definitely more of a sysadmin than
a programmer), but maybe it will help you in some way.
	Now we just need to convince some talented programmer to take
glibtop or whatever and create a truly platform-independent orcallator :-)

> There's no easy way to do this in Orca.  You'll need to take the
> data from each server, aggregate them together yourself, and then
> put this aggregated data into Orca.
>
> Regards,
> Blair
>

> Norman Macaraeg wrote:
> >
> > I meant the aggregate CPU usage across different physical boxes.
> > Let me know if this can be done.  Thanks!
> >
> > -Norm

 Steve Gilbert  <gilbert at cs.utk.edu>

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/13/_/804404/_/972671780/