[Orca-users] Orca very heavy on CPU

David Aitchison David.Aitchison at abci.gov.au
Tue Oct 31 19:25:37 PST 2000

Hello,

I have been running orcallator on a number of our servers for some time, with Orca 0.26 running on a separate box with percol files being read via NFS mounts.

Since it has been working without a hitch, I had not looked at our orca server in some time.  Today I finally had reason to connect to this server, and found that Orca was using 94% of CPU time.

The server is a Sun Ultra 5 (single 360MHz cpu), with nothing else running on it except Orca and Apache (to serve the stats pages).  Would this kind of CPU utilization look reasonable for graphing stats from 3 servers?

What I did notice also was that Orca was forever uncompressing old percol files.  This puzzled me, as I thought all percol files had their contents placed in rrd files, and then compressed the percol file for archive.

Has anyone else seen the same behaviour (constant uncompressing)?  Perhaps it is normal, but to me it doesn't sound quite right.

Any help would be great.

David Aitchison
David.Aitchison at abci.gov.au
(02) 6243 5610       ---       0402 057671

  -----------------------------------------  ooOOoo  ----------------------------------------
One of the greatest labour saving inventions of today is tomorrow.
  -----------------------------------------  ooOOoo  ----------------------------------------

The information contained in this email and any files attached may
be confidential information to the intended recipient and may be
the subject of legal privilege or public interest immunity.

If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or
copying is unauthorised.

If you have received this document in error please telephone
+61 2 6243 5666.

by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/13/_/804404/_/973049004/