[Orca-users] RE: Orca not pick up new logs (was Re: plot ambien t and cpu temperature on E450)

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Wed Feb 7 07:17:09 PST 2001

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, McCormick, Wayne wrote:
> The answer appears to be that you script is putting the files in
> /var/adm/sa/* put you have Orca looking for them in
> /usr/local/orca/var/orca/orcallator/(.*).  Try modifying your script so that
> it places the output files in the orca directories.

Alas, nope.  It's understandable that you'd say so, though.

The way we do things here, each machine stores its percol-* files in
/var/adm/sa.  Every five minutes, a script runs to copy all of those files
down to a master logging server, which runs orca and produces the graphs.
The percol-* files (and the temp-percol-* files) are put in
/usr/local/orca/var/orcallator/<machine-name>/ on the master logging
server.

-Adam
Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.
Wayne, NJ, 07470        We're philosophers.  We think, therefore we am.
973-837-2797