[Orca-users] Re: web server hit rate

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Wed Feb 7 09:35:52 PST 2001

Can you check if the web server stats are being measured and saved
in the output orcallator data files?  Some of the strings to look
for in the data files are:

    httpop/s
    http/p5s
    %to1KB

If these aren't there, then start_orcallator is not telling
orcallator to measure this data.  In this case, check that the
WATCH_WEB variable is properly set for your type of access logs.

# WATCH_WEB contains the command line options to SE to tell
# orcallator.se the format of the web server logs.
WATCH_WEB="-DWATCH_WEB"               # For NCSA style access log
WATCH_WEB="-DWATCH_WEB -DWATCH_PROXY" # For proxy NCSA style access log
WATCH_WEB="-DWATCH_WEB -DWATCH_SQUID" # For Squid style access log

The other possibility is that orcallator cannot parse your access
logs.  Which format are they in?