[Orca-users] Submission for a fix to qe interface Input/Ouput KB/sec issue in SE Toolkit as it affects Orca

O'Neill, Sean sean.oneill at commerceone.com
Fri Feb 9 00:01:12 PST 2001

I submit this because I have a SS20 with a quad qe board.  I know the board
is discontinued but I wanted MY GRAPHS !!!!  Peter Radcliff posted last year
that the SE folks said that the qe interface driver doesn't supply
Input/Output KB statistics.  Well, I noticed that in netstat -k, the qe
interface does have this information just like the le interface.  So I
started nosing around and found that the /usr/include/sys/qe.h include file
with Solaris 8 supplies the same MIB information for Input/Output just like
the le interface file.

So far my graphs look correct.

I changed the following:

# cd /opt/RICHPse/include
# diff netif.se netif.se.orig
232,234d231
<       ooctets        = if_qe.obytes + if_qe.multixmt + if_qe.brdcstxmt;
<       ioctets        = if_qe.rbytes + if_qe.multircv + if_qe.brdcstrcv;

And:

# cd /opt/RICHPse/include
# diff kstat.se kstat.se.orig
649,658d648