[Orca-users] Re: "Everything" , condition setting, alarm (mail) , archive

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Sun Feb 11 10:53:04 PST 2001

A group is the group specified in the configuration file via:

group XXX {
find_files YYYY(regex)ZZZZ
}

A subgroup is a subset of the files in a particular group that when
matched by a regular expression have the same match.  So if the
input data files are like

/var/orca/data/host1_data1
/var/orca/data/host1_data2
/var/orca/data/host2_data1
/var/orca/data/host2_data2

and the regular expression is something like:

find_files /var/orca/data/(.*)_data\d+

then the regular expression (.*) will subset the input files into
subgroups, in this case via the hostname.