[Orca-users] Re: multiple hosts

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Wed Feb 21 13:51:43 PST 2001

Commenting on some of the statements below and not sure if these may
be causing any issues:

1) Running

   nohup se orcallator.se &

   will cause the output to go to standard output and it'll take
   anywhere from 2.5 to 7.5 minutes for the first output to appear.
   You'll need to set the OUTDIR environmental variable otherwise
   orcallator.se will not write to a file.

2) Running start_orcallator, and possibly /etc/init.d/percol, will
   check to see if there is an orcallator.se already running on the
   system and if so, won't start it in the background.  This could
   be another reason why you're not seeing any output.

So, I would stop all orcallator.se and run either

    env OUTDIR=/SOME/DIR nohup se -DWATCH_OS orcallator.se &

or

    start_orcallator

If you don't want to wait 5 minutes to see if you'll get an output
data file, you can append the number of seconds orcallator.se should
wait between measurements:

    env OUTDIR=/SOME/DIR nohup se -DWATCH_OS orcallator.se 15 &

for 15 second measurement intervals.

Do these help?