[Orca-users] Re: orca spawns <defunct> process daily

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Wed Feb 21 13:59:55 PST 2001

Are your input percol files compressed?  Orca will use zcat or gzcat
to uncompress these and its possible this is the issue.  Orca should
clean these up, so its odd that you are seeing them.

Is it the same defunct processes that exist day after day or is it
a new set of processes each time you check?