[Orca-users] Re: Ethernet Interface Plots

Blair Zajac blair at akamai.com
Sat Feb 24 12:07:38 PST 2001

I don't think you'll want to use the data_max parameter, as this is
used just once to when the RRD file is created and tells RRD what
data to ignore.  If you want to change data_max you would have to
use another RRD program to modify the file.

Unfortunately, there's no way to get a max that is based on the
average value.  At some point it will have to be hardwired in the
Orca configuration file.

You may want to do something like this instead:

data ((1024*8*be0InKB/s) > 30000000) ? 'U' : (1024*8*be0InKB/s);

This will load an unknown value into RRD if the traffic is larger
than the bit rate you want to see.

Probably the best thing is to set plot_max to the max value you want
plotted and just keep the RRD file with all of the data in it.  This
way the RRD files won't have to be regenerated if you ever change the
max value you want to see.