[Orca-users] Re: Orca not pick up new logs (was Re: plot ambien t and cpu temperature on E450)

Adam Levin alevin at audible.com
Wed Feb 28 08:38:55 PST 2001

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Blair Zajac wrote:
> I think you only need to white space separate the column names:
>       data ambient *9/5+32
> so that Orca can distinguish the column name from the rest of
> the statement.

Ok, that's good to know.  Whitespacing the whole thing works, so I'm happy
to leave it that way.  If it ain't broke, and all that.

By the way, we have a machine basically dedicated to logging and
generating the orca graphs.  Is there any reason why I might want to run
orca -o instead of just launching orca and letting it run (I've been
letting it run, and it's been fine).  If I launch it with -o, I get "too
many open files" errors, so I'd have to start moving old percol-* files
out from under orca's area, but then it should run, I think.

-Adam

Adam Levin, Senior Unix Systems Administrator | http://www.audible.com/
Audible, Inc.
Wayne, NJ, 07470        Bigjobs!