[Orca-users] Orca 0.26 on Solaris 2.7 problem

darren at beacon.com.au darren at beacon.com.au
Tue Jan 2 00:47:39 PST 2001

Hi All,

This is my first foray into the Orca mailgroup so please bear with
me!  I am experiencing a problem with installing Orca 0.26 on Solaris
2.7 (running on a Sun E450).  I have had success with this before on
other machines but have had the following scenario unfold (I am also
experiencing this problem on 2.7 on an Ultra 5 and and Ultra 60) ;

Configuring Orca with the bundled packages (RRDtool etc...) does not
work as it does not appear to install the files in the areas Orca
expects them (eg: the MATH interpolator, the Digest files etc...).
All the pre-requisites were met as far as Perl goes (running version
5.005_13).  So I had to track down the modules and compile them one
by one - successfully mind you.  Got as far as the RRDtool stuff and
had to physically copy some of the pm files (eg:RRDs.pm) to the areas
Orca was complaining it couldn't find them in (@INC variable contains
the path, as it so faithfully tells me).

Now I am in the situation that the product is running and appears to
be collecting data but will not display the graphs.  My web server
(Apache) tells me 403 - I see 'em but I'm not gonna do anything about
it!  I have tried giviing full open permissions on the files (PNG
extension) but to no avail.  The MIME type checks out as well.

I've never had so much trouble with installation before.

Can anybody out there help me or point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Darren.