[Orca-users] HOW-TO guide?

paul beard paul at fizzylab.com
Tue Jan 2 10:56:28 PST 2001

I am inheriting an orca installation and am having trouble understanding
it when it breaks as well as adding new systems. The biggest problem I
am having is working with NFS-mounted data: how do I set the collection
tools to write to the exported filesystem and how to check that it
works?

Also, I am thinking of moving to rsync rather than NFS to remove the
dependency on the NFS server on client reboot, as well as simplify
adding and maintaining equipment.

Any advice is welcome.

--
Paul Beard / 206 728 4282 x138
FizzyLab / 2025 First Ave, Suite 1150

FORTUNE DISCUSSES THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN:	#6

Bathrooms:
	A man has six items in his bathroom -- a toothbrush, toothpaste,
shaving cream, razor, a bar of Dial soap, and a towel from the Holiday
Inn.
The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 437.  A
man
would not be able to identify most of these items.

Groceries:
	A woman makes a list of things she needs and then goes to the store
and buys these things.  A man waits 'til the only items left in his
fridge
are half a lime and a Blue Ribbon.  Then he goes grocery shopping.  He
buys
everything that looks good.  By the time a man reaches the checkout
counter,
his cart is packed tighter that the Clampett's car on Beverly
Hillbillies.
Of course, this will not stop him from entering the 10-items-or-less
lane.