[Orca-users] Re: orcallator.se runs, but no output

mark.langkau at pbmplus.com mark.langkau at pbmplus.com
Sun Jan 21 18:55:36 PST 2001

Charlie,

Thanks for the reminder.  Here's what truss shows:

ioctl(4, KSTAT_IOC_READ, "hme1")                = 461
ioctl(4, KSTAT_IOC_CHAIN_ID, 0x00000000)        = 461

...continuously repeating.

I only have one NIC in that system, which is hme0. There is no hme1.

Hmmm... Here's output from ifconfig:

# ifconfig hme0
hme0: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    <snip>

# ifconfig hme1
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: hme1: no such interface
#

Now we know where orcallator is hanging up. Can I disable the check
for hme1 in a config file?  I'll check it out and report back. If
someone knows exactly where and how to disable this, I'd be greatfull
for the tip.

Thanks Charlie!

- Mark

--- In orca-users at egroups.com, Charles Dennett <charles.dennett at k...>