[Orca-users] Re: orcallator.se runs, but no output

Charles Dennett charles.dennett at kodak.com
Mon Jan 22 04:40:44 PST 2001

That is strange.  Certainly not what I would have expected.
The only suggestion I can think of is to make sure you have
at least the most recent recommended patch cluster installed.
One other thing.  Even though you have only one NIC, maybe you
should double check to make sure there is no /ete/hostname.hme1
or nothing in the /dev or /devices directories that might make
it think there is another.  And another thought, you can add the
-v flag to the boot command and you'll see the boot process
list out all the devices it sees.  (If you've been around long
enough, it used to do this by default in the old SunOS 4.x and 3.x
days.) You can also see this list after the system is up with
the dmesg command.

I love a mystery!

--
Charlie Dennett