[Orca-users] RE: Problem with Multiple Disk Run Percent Graphs sh owing and a quest ion

Blair Zajac blair at gps.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 20 12:21:57 PDT 2001

Hello,

Orca will remember the different types of data and plots that were
created for a particular host and continue to plot them even when
there's no current data for in
them.  This is due to the data in orca.stat and there's probably no easy
way to
disable this.

If you see incorrect data in plots, it may be due to the columns
changing in the
orcallator output and Orca not picking this up.  Orca will not use any
data from
an input file if the number of columns in a particular line don't match
the first
line, but if the meaning of the columns change but the number do not,
then
you'll get data entered into the wrong RRD files.

Regarding ironing out Orca's bug on making multiple plots, I don't have
the
time or resources to fix this and need some help from somebody to take
this
on in addition to handling when orcallator.se files add/change/delete
the
recorded data.

Also, you said "When ORCA restarts it apparently puts a new "header"
line in
the orca/orcallator/<hostname>/percol-<date> file."  Its actually
orcallator that
does this.