[Orca-users] Orca plots on one central server

Mark E. Dawson, Jr. medawsonjr at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 18:55:32 PDT 2001

My company doesn't want to renew their TeamQuest
capacity planning software license, so I'm thinking
about using Orca with orcallator.se.  However, I have
one question about its setup:

Do I have to NFS mount all the clients' orcallator
files onto the Orca server to get the plots in one
place?  Is there some standard method that you guys
are using, so that you can have one central server
where Orca will plot the graphs, and have all the
clients running orcallator.se and sending the data
over to the central server?

Your help in this would be greatly appreciated.  I'd
hate to have to setup some kind of cron job on each
and every box to rdist the files over.  There's got
to be a better way.  Thanks in advance.