[Orca-users] Re: Orca plots on one central server

John Mastin john.mastin at bms.com
Mon Jul 30 08:16:20 PDT 2001

> So my assumption that some kind of file copying from
> client to server is necessary for multiple clients
> to have their plots shown on one central server.

That is correct.  You need to get the percol data files to the server
that will massage them into the rrd databases (from there, orca will
generate graphs).

> Thanks Johnny.  If you have any ready-made scripts
> that I can use so as not to reinvent the wheel, it
> would be greatly appreciated.

Give me a little bit of time and I'll get you the stuff you need.  We
don't run orca the way it is described in the ORCA web pages.  We
changed a few things to deal with our own quirky infrastructure. ;-)

Thanks to the person that gave the command line syntax for using rsync
with ssh.  We will be deploying that soon!

Johnny

John Mastin, Jr.              email: john.mastin at bms.com
Bristol-Myers Squibb            phone: (609) 818-3788
PRI Infomatics              fax: (609) 818-7693
Princeton  NJ