[Orca-users] Date_parse routine usage

Mike Shannon mike_shannon64 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 13:05:43 PDT 2001

I would like to use the date_parse routine now available in 0.27b1

I have a few questions about how to include do it though

my data file has information like this

12-Sep-2001_00:00:10 20 5
12-Sep-2001_00:00:20 20 4
12-Sep-2001_00:00:30 20 3
12-Sep-2001_00:00:40 20 3
12-Sep-2001_00:00:50 20 3
12-Sep-2001_00:01:00 20 1
12-Sep-2001_00:01:10 20 1
12-Sep-2001_00:01:20 20 2
12-Sep-2001_00:01:30 20 2
12-Sep-2001_00:01:40 20 2

this is a snapshot of license usage data starting at midnight
and captured every 10 seconds. the second column is the total
number of licenses, the 3rd the total used at the time of the
snapshot

I'd like to plot this

the date_parse routine, should allow me to restructure the
fist column time stamp into epoch time

but

I don't know how to tell orca that I have a parse routine
- what/where the routine is

do I write the routine to be called - like in a sort loop -
so it is called everytime, and it's job is to return the
epoch time - 1 line at a time?

any help with this would be greatly appreciated

mike