[Orca-users] Re: Modifying orca graph rebuilds

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Wed Apr 3 17:10:42 PST 2002

> > 2,7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57 * * * * /usr/local/orca/bin/orca -o /usr/local/orca/lib/orcallator.cfg &
> > 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/local/orca/bin/orca -o /usr/local/orca/lib/windows.cfg &
>
> These are not ideal.  The -o option means to have Orca quit after
> processing all of the data.  This wastes a lot of CPU time to start up.
>
> It's better to keep Orca running continuously instead.

Okay.  I've got that now....

Assuming I do that, and run a single process with -r so that the RRD is
updated continuously, but the PNGs are not, how do I update the PNGs at
other times?

Can I run a separate orca with a -o, or since both processes would
expect to be able to update the RRDs, would they step on each other?

> Try setting Orca up so there's only one persistent process for each
> configuration file you have.

I've got a test setup that way now.  I'm sure I can migrate the existing
stuff over pretty easily.

Thanks for the help.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company