[Orca-users] Re: Bad Data load question

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Aug 7 10:24:44 PDT 2002

jontankersleyateds wrote:

> I've had a couple of older orcallator files generate incorrect column
> information.  If the rrd load has already happened, how can I go back
> and properly insert this data?
>
> I've tried to clear orca.state and have it redo the files (that I
> fixed by hand, splitting at the timestamp entry).  It doesn't update
> properly.  I cannot close the gap in the graph?

If the number of columns has changed and/or the column names, you'll
need to generate a separate orcallator data file for each portion of
the original file that has a consistent number of columns and meaning
for each column.

Since you'll have more than one file for the original one, make sure
you name the files consistent with the find_files parameter in
orcallator.cfg.  If you're using a recent orcallator.cfg, then just
use the recent orcallator data naming scheme with the trailing -XXX
number, that way you won't have to edit orcallator.cfg.

Once you've done this, then delete the RRD files for that system and
rerun Orca.  There's no way to fix the RRD files once they've got bad
data in them, except for possibly processing them by hand using some
of the RRD example and tool scripts that come with RRDtool.