[Orca-users] Tape Throughput Data

Liston Bias list2002 at bias.org
Fri Aug 9 12:34:18 PDT 2002

First of all, commenting out the following in orcallator.se file seem to
work for adding tape throughput data to the combined disk throughput
graph.

 if (RAW_disk[i].short_name[1] == 't' && RAW_disk[i].short_name[0] == 's') {
  continue;
 }

Secondly, the change also creates run percentage data which you can graph
for the new disk (form disk_runp_st#) by making the following change to
to your orcallator.cfg file on orca.

< data                  disk_runp_((?:c\d+t\d+d\d+)|(?:[ms]d\d+)|(?:st\d+))
< data                  disk_runp_((?:c\d+t\d+d\d+)|(?:c\d+d\d+)|(?:[ms]d\d+)|(?:st\d+))
---
> data                  disk_runp_((?:c\d+t\d+d\d+)|(?:[ms]d\d+))
> data                  disk_runp_((?:c\d+t\d+d\d+)|(?:c\d+d\d+)|(?:[ms]d\d+)

I can't see making the above change for all as many may not want the tape
throughput adding into disk data...

Since my goal of this was to find out my write throughput to tape on
backup server and 99% of my write throughput is tape, the combined disk
throughput graph seems to work well for me.

However, I was wonder if anyone has ever done coding on getting throughput
graphs for the individual disk on system?  I imagine it would require some
combination of the total throughput and individual runp data to generate
new graphs.

Because of the "ridiculously" large number of runp graphs generated on our
system with hundreds of disks, I usually turn of runp.  Has anyone done
work on using same cfg file to graphs different data for different
systems?

I have no immediate need for either of above, but would be nice to have.

Thanks,
Liston