[Orca-users] Re: TCP Throughput

Liston Bias list2002 at bias.org
Thu Aug 22 19:02:18 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, orcausers wrote:

> I went thru all the emails on this list - after this one was
> submitted - and did not see an answer (that does not mean it's not
> there)- we have Sun gigaswift NICs also and are interested
> orca/orcallators support of it.
>
> thanks!

Adding the changes to orcallator.cfg below work fine for getting Sun
gigaswift card graphs.  Never saw a reply flat-line graphs, but the ce
interface graphs part of email was not in question.

> --- In orca-users at y..., "bias16" <list2002 at b...> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get throughput numbers for my network interfaces, but
> > many of my systems are showing up with flat line at zero.  Does this
> > require "sustained" throughput rates to get a reading?
> >
> > Also, Can we get the Sun Gigaswift added to future orcallator.cfg
> file
> > distribution.  I think I added it correctly with addition of |(?:ce)
> > below.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Liston
> >

> > # Interface bits per second for 1 Gbit interfaces.
> > plot {
> > title           %g Interface Bits Per Second: $1
> > source          orcallator
> > data            1024 * 8 * ((?:(?:v?ge)|(?:skge)|(?:ce)\d+)InKB/s
> > data            1024 * 8 * $1OuKB/s
> > line_type       area
> > line_type       line1
> > legend          Input
> > legend          Output
> > y_legend        Bits/s
> > data_min        0
> > data_max        1000000000
> > href
> >
> http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#interface_bits_per_s
> econd
> > }

- Liston Bias                       'Tis better to have loved and lost
  Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    Than never to have loved at all.
  Alumnus of Florida State Univ                     -- Alfred Lord Tennyson

  bias at pobox.com
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias