[Orca-users] Re: err RRD (oracallor.cfg)

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Aug 29 09:23:59 PDT 2002

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> At 08:48 AM 8/29/2002 -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
>
> >from (I've tried 5.8 and I don't think it's polished enough to use with
> >the tests I've done with it).
>
> What problems did you see with Perl 5.8?  I'm using it on my FreeBSD
> machine with ORCA graphing right now and its working fine - apparently anyway.

Well, I haven't tested it with Orca, but on Solaris, it had some issues
with the Math::BigInt modules.  There was also a compile and link issue
when you build a libperl.so and name it libperl-5.8.so, instead of using
libperl.a.  There may have been one or two other issues, but I don't
recall them right now.

In any case, I'll be waiting for 5.8.1 release candidate 1 before I
try again, and then probably file some bug reports so that 5.8.1 fixes
my issues.