[Orca-users] new plot problem

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Dec 3 10:22:01 PST 2002

mtb wrote:

> I got this working, thanks for the help.  One small issue, however.
>
> I'd like to include the port number with the hostname since there are several webservers running on the same box...  the header looks like this:
>
> webstat_hostA:20300 webstat_hostA:20301 webstat_hostA:20302 webstat_total
>
> The port numbers are getting chopped off... not sure why.  The config file looks
> like this:
>
> plot {
> title                   %g Webstats
> source                  procallator
> data                    webstat_(.*)
> line_type               line1
> legend                  $1
> y_legend                Concurrent Users
> data_min                0
> plot_min                0
> href                    http:
> }
>
> Everything is working fine here except for the labels.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Without looking at it too closely, the :'s are used by RRDtool as
field separators, so maybe that's the problem here and it is
ignoring them.

Maybe try changing the : to a _ in the generated data file?  I
would first try to edit one of your input data files and change
the : to a _ and run it through Orca and see what it does.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/