[Orca-users] lost graphs with orca-0.27

andy bezella andrew.bezella at navitaire.com
Wed Dec 11 10:14:01 PST 2002

hello -

	i'm pretty much a newbie to orca (great tool!), so i may be
missing something obvious.  i did browse the mailing list archives, but didn't
see anything that looked applicable.

	my main problem is that after a few days i am unable to access the
weekly graphs through the web pages.  everything seems to work well at first,
but then after a while the html is generated incorrectly.  the
weekly statistics page for an individual host points to the daily pngs,
and few of the "available data set" pages include any pngs (the hosts are still
listed at the top).  this appears to be resolved with a stop and restart of the
orca process.  running with a single -v i see a number of errors like:

warning: cannot create Orca::HTMLFile object: cannot open [filename] for
writing: Too many open files.

however, in this case, [filename] appears simply to be non existent.  no other
errors are apparent.  the pngs do exist, but are not linked to.

	any thoughts on where to look?  any more information you may need to
help me troubleshoot?  orca is running on a sol8 server w/perl v5.6.1.

tia...

	andy