[Orca-users] Re: Orca-users digest, Vol 1 #32 - 2 msgs

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Dec 16 10:15:01 PST 2002

Lee Latimer wrote:

> I'm looking to use RRD/orca to graph an applications performance for
> multiple transactions
> about 20 different types, the file format I have looks like this....
>
> 2002-12-16 08:58:50, Bean Performance,
> ReportSessionBean.retrieveReportOutputData,4 sec

Lee,

You'll have to write a small script in Perl to rewrite these lines
into a format Orca can understand.  You'll want something like this:

1040062350 3
1040062450 4

The first column is the number of seconds since 1970 and is the same
number returned by time().  You can use the Perl TimeDate package
in orca-0.27/packages/ to parse your existing data "2002-12-16 08:58:57"
into the number of seconds since 1970.

Then I would take a look at orcallator.cfg and see what to copy and
what to delete to plot your data.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/