[Orca-users] Re: Orca-users digest, Vol 1 #32 - 2 msgs

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Dec 16 10:35:01 PST 2002

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> At 10:14 AM 12/16/2002 -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> >Lee Latimer wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm looking to use RRD/orca to graph an applications performance for
> > > multiple transactions
> > > about 20 different types, the file format I have looks like this....
> > >
> > > 2002-12-16 08:58:50, Bean Performance,
> > > ReportSessionBean.retrieveReportOutputData,4 sec
> >
> >Lee,
> >
> >You'll have to write a small script in Perl to rewrite these lines
> >into a format Orca can understand.  You'll want something like this:
> >
> >1040062350 3
> >1040062450 4
> >
> >The first column is the number of seconds since 1970 and is the same
> ><SNIP>
>
> Blair, I've never tried putting the individual variables on separate
> lines.  I assume from your response that Orca will handle this just fine ?

No, Orca doesn't handle this format.  The data will need to be transformed
for it to handle it.

I've been meaning to have Orca use arbitrary Perl statements to read any
formatted file, but haven't gotten around to it.

> P.S. Have you reviewed my patch yet ?

No, I haven't had a chance yet.  What date/time did you send it so I
can review it?

Do you have Subversion up and running?

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/