[Orca-users] Memory Hog/Leak

Liston Bias bias at pobox.com
Sat Dec 28 20:12:01 PST 2002

This is a Solaris 8 box.  I'm not seeing the problem yet after restarting
the process a couple days ago.  I will continue to monitor and upgrading
se to version 3.3. is definitely something I could easily try.

The system has not been recently patched to my knowledge and documention.
Patches to latest patch set is also an option I will look into.

Regards,
Liston

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Marcus Vinicius Ferreira wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> I was reading the documentation about SE 3.3 and Solaris 9 and it is stated
> there that a memory leak problem was fixed in version 3.2.
>
> Could it be the problem?
>

> Regards,
>

> Marcus
>

> --- Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> > Liston Bias wrote:

> > that
> > issue
> > wonder

> > > SE installed as 3.21 on 20020128
> > > Orcallator.se updated 20020818
> > >
> > > This wasn't the only process that consumed memory.  There are a couple of
> > > other processes consuming over 2gig also.
> > >

> > Maybe it's some recently install Solaris patches?
> >
> > Best,
> > Blair
> >
> > --
> > Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com>
> > Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

- Liston Bias                       Good people are good because they've
  Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    come to wisdom through failure.
  Alumnus of Florida State Univ     		    -- William Saroyan

  bias at pobox.com
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias