[Orca-users] orcallator.cfg.lock

Matthew Boeckman matthewb at saepio.com
Fri Feb 22 07:21:37 PST 2002

Hello list!

     I've been running orca on a sol7 box for over a year now and I love
it. Using the se toolkit of course. I run start_orcallator to bring it
all up, then rsync the data to a central server that generates the
graphs. I recently installed all of AC's stuff as well as orca on a new
7 box and am getting some weird results. The graphs from that server
have an awful lot of flatlining in them. Admittedly it's only been
running for a few days, but even the daily's will show hours of
seemingly no usage then a little "regular" looking spike. The box is
under pretty heavy load, so I'm sure this isn't entirely accurate. The
only difference that I can see between the two boxes is that on the
misbehaving machine, no orcallator.cfg.lock gets created in
/usr/local/lib, as it does on the happy box. I don't know if this has
anything to do with anything, but it's all I've got. Both boxes are
running orcallator as root, and (obviously) have permissions to write to
/usr/local/lib.

I start orca on the sad machine with start_orcallator, and ps reports
the same process command line as the other machine. Any thoughts?

--
Matthew Boeckman			(816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration		Saepio Technologies