[Orca-users] Re: orcallator.cfg.lock

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Feb 22 13:53:58 PST 2002

Matthew Boeckman wrote:

> one last question: after upgrading I notice that files are now called
> orcallator-$date, instead of percol... so in the dir on the central
> server that generates the gif's I've got both percol (pre-upgrade) and
> orcallator(post). Since this happened in the middle of the day, can I do
> something like
>
> cat percol-2002-02-22 >> orcallator-2002-02-22-000

I would prefer something like this:

    1) stop orcallator.se
    2) cat percol-2002-02-22 orcallator-2002-02-22-000 > z
    3) mv z orcallator-2002-02-22-000
    4) rm percol-2002-02-22
    5) start orcallator.se

This keeps the ordering of the data in the file consistent.

> and have it keep consistent stats for the day? I notice the
> orcallator.cfg file seems to look for *both*, but my graphs are not
> currently being updated with any of the post-install information. Is it
> best to just wipe and start fresh?

Orca will handle this just fine if you decide not to clean up the files.

To have Orca find the new files immediately and not wait to one of the
times in "find_times"

    find_times              0:10 1:00 6:00 12:00 19:00

then send a SIGHUP to the orca process.  It'll then look for the
orcallator-* files next time it begins its main loop.