[Orca-users] Re: Digest Number 379

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sun Jan 6 10:52:00 PST 2002

J V wrote:

> Hi Blair,
>      Thnx for your reply. I got it running in that
> Ultra 10 wks. Now, I have problem in another E420,
> running Solaris 2.6.
> make give the following,
>
> # make
> make to-autoconf
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/var/tmp/orca/orca-0.27b2'
> aclocal -I config --output=config/aclocal.m4 &&
> autoconf --localdir=config
> /bin/sh: aclocal: not found
> make[1]: *** [to-autoconf] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/orca/orca-0.27b2'
> make: *** [configure] Error 2
>
> Some times, I could able to successfully install the
> orca and some times I couldn't. Unless, I get 100%
> repetablity, I can go on using it. Can you please fix
> the problem I have now.
> Thanks in advance,
> Venket Venkatachalam.

Which version of Orca are you using?

Are you touching and modifying the configure.in file?

Can you do an ls -l configure* and send me the output.

The only reason why "make to-autoconf" would be run by make is that
configure.in is newer than configure.  Have you modified it?

If you want to modify configure.in and generate new configure files, then
you'll need to install autoconf and automake.  Get them from

	ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/
	ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/